Summer Sun and Cooling Recipes
Summer means beach time, pool days, hikes, camping, and so many more outdoor activities. It's as though our bodies are ready to soak up as much vitamin D as possible after long winters.
But summer also means sunburns, extreme heat, and damaged hair.
No worries. I've got you.
Here are several recipes to help keep you cool, combat sun damage, and achieve beachy hair!
After Sun Spray
doTERRA has a FANTASTIC After Sun Spray launching August 1st. But if you can't get your hands on it, here is a DIY recipe you can try to help ease discomfort from too much sun.
- Add all ingredients to an 8 oz. glass spray bottle.
- Shake well before each use and apply when needed.
Here are some great reusable wipes you can make to help keep you cool on those boiling hot days.
Cut flour cloths into quarters.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and add the cloths.
- Soak cloths in the liquid mixture for about an hour, or until there are no dry spots.
- Ring out each cloth until it is damp and no more solution comes out.
- Tightly roll up the cloths and store them together in an airtight container.
Tip: You can keep the wipes in a drink cooler for an extra cooling effect. You can also store the used wipes in a separate bag, wash, and reuse them! If the wipes become dry during use, just re-dampen them.
Don't have time to make the wipes? Here is a quick and easy cooling spray you can make in just a few minutes.
- Put essential oils in the spray bottle.
- Top off with water.
- Shake and spray over your body to stay cool. The cooling sensation can take about 5 minutes to take effect.
Sun Protecting Hair Spray
Are you spending a lot of time out in the sun, and noticing it's taking a toll on your hair? Try this simple DIY spray to help protect your hair!
- Stir two tsp of SPF 25 sunscreen into a cup of water to dilute.
- Add 3-4 drops of Rosemary eo and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and spritz on hair before going out into the sun or getting into the pool to protect your color and shine.
- The oil and water will separate so shake well before each use.
Beach Waves Spray
Lastly, want to get that beachy wave look to your hair without going to the beach? Try this spray!
- Add all ingredients to the spray bottle.
- Shake before using.
- Apply on damp strands, scrunch, and let air dry.
What are your favorite tricks to help enjoy the summer sun?