Uplifting, Safe Fragrance, and Skincare
Delicate, beautiful, romantic, fragrant, lovely, special. All of these words can be used to describe roses. No wonder why essential oil made from Rose blossoms is known as the queen of oils. It takes about 10,000 rose blossoms to make one 5 mL bottle of oil. 10,000! One reason it takes so many is that doTERRA does not put ANYTHING but rose oil in the bottle. No fillers, no additives. Just rose oil. You know exactly what is in that bottle. Plus, because they are such delicate blossoms they must be distiled the same day they are harvested.
Luckily all it takes is one drop of this precious oil to achieve some great benefits. doTERRA also has a Rose Touch option. This is a bottle of Rose essential oil that has been pre-dilluted with fractionated coconut oil in a convenient roller bottle. This makes it easy to apply and gives people a less-expensive option.
You can learn more about why I love Rose in this short video.
Rose is great for the skin, smells great, and uplifts moods. Let's talk about some specific uses for Rose essential oil.
Personal Fragrance - Have you ever read about the chemicals that are in perfumes. It's frightening! Yet people put it on their skin ALL OF THE TIME! We need to STOP! There are other options, and Rose is a great one to use as a personal fragrance. You can use it by itself (the Rose Touch is great for this!) or some people like to layer it with other scents like Magnolia (also available in the Touch form!) It also pairs well with Hawaiian Sandalwood, Hope, and Jasmine. Here are some pure-fume mixes you can try that include Rose.
Skin Care - Rose is such a great oil for your skin. Look at the list of what it can do:
- Aid in balancing skin's moisture levels
- Has astringent qualities
- Helps reduce the appearance of skin imperfections
- Promotes an even skin tone
- Encourages a healthy complexion
No big deal...right?! So here are some ways to use it on your skin.
- Apply it to areas of concern twice daily to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Layer with Tea Tree essential oil for skin imperfections/blemishes such as rashes.
- Add a drop or two to your moisturizer and apply to the face, neck, and decolletage.
- Roll Rose Touch over your face before bed.
Uplifting - Even in the best of times we could use some uplifting. But in today's world, it seems like we need it even more. Rose has some great uplifting properties. Here are some ways to experience this benefit.
- Try applying it to your pulse points throughout the day.
- Put it in your palms, cup your hands over your nose and inhale.
- Diffuse Rose alone or with other oils.
- Apply to the back of the neck and bottom when experiencing anxious feelings.
Hormones - Rose can also help regulate hormones. We wish we didn't need this, but let's be honest. There are times when all of us do. You can apply it over the abdomen to regulate hormones and during your menstrual cycle. You can use it with Clarycalm for this purpose.
If you have used Rose essential oil you know how great it is. What do you love to use it for?