Ravintsara Essential Oil
Why Is It Limited?
Have you ever wondered why doTERRA keeps some oils LTO?
It is because doTERRA ...
1. Works so hard to harvest oils from their indiginous areas. This provides job opportunities in those areas and allows. It also means they are harvesting the plants from the environment that is best for the plants and where the plants thrive. This also helps to sustain that regions environment. So it is good for the area and it is good for the plants.
2. Some of these oils take a lot of plant to get one little bottle. For example it takes about 1 pound of ravintsara to produce a 5 mL bottle of Ravintsara essential oil! So doTERRA is careful to not overharvest.
So even though we may love a particular LTO and wish is were available all the time, it is wise that doTERRA is careful with these precious plants.
Okay. I've rattled on long enough about that. Let's talk more about Ravintsara.
Ravintsara Blessing Lives in Madagascar
doTERRA's Ravintsara is harvested in Madagascar. Let's talk for a minute about how it is blessing that area.
- It is sourced from a local farm.
- In the area the men raise cattle and the women usually take care of the home.
- The farm hires the women to harvest the ravintsara leaves to give the families an additional source of income.
- The women harvest the leaves and bring it to the distillery where they are immediately paid for what they harvest.
- The farm buys cow manure from local farmers to fertilize the ravintsara which provides those farmers with an additional income source.
- After harvesting the oil, they use what is left of the ravintsara as compost to fertilize other plants.
- The ravintsara farm has given over 2,000 Madagascan families additional income.
Wow! This oil is doing a lot of good in Madagascar!
Now for some ways to use it.
Epsom Salt Bath - As mentioned above, Ravintsara's aroma can be relaxing. So add a drop to your next Epsom salt bath to enjoy the aroma and unwind before going to bed.
Diffuse - If you like herbal scents, then you'll like this one. It can help refresh the room. It pairs well with Copaiba, Frankincense, Lavender, Peppermint, Rose, Tangerine, Vetiver, Wintergreen, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, and Douglas Fir. Here are a few diffuser recipes to try with your Ravintsara.
Mask Refresher - If you have to wear a mask regularly, then try adding a drop of it to your mask for clear breathing.
Surface and Hand Cleaner - Add a few drops to water in a spray bottle and spray on your hands or surfaces. Here is a recipe using Ravintsara for a cleaning spray.
Facial Cleanser - Add a drop or two to your facial cleanser to enjoy its cleansing properties on your skin.
Clear Breathing - Ravintsara has Eucalyptol which can promote feelings of open airways. Try rubbing it on your nasal cavities, on the bottom of your feet, or on your children's spines.
Steamer - Another great way to use Ravintsara and support a clear airway is by adding it to a steamer.
Massage - Add a few drops of Ravintsara to some Fractionated Coconut Oil to create your own massage oil. You can rub it onto your chest to relax, or massage it on your legs after a workout.
Bedtime Bliss - Try diffusing Ravintsara with Lavender at bedtime to help prepare yourself for a sweet slumber.