Did you know that doTERRA has a Nutrition Line? It includes protein, greens, and fiber. These are products that serve as a foundation for your nutritional health. These products help make up for nutritional deficiencies in your diet.
Our society has deficiencies in many nutritional areas. This is largely due to our diets that consist of too much processed meat, fried foods, refined grains, sweets, etc. Many of the foods we eat are high in calories and low in nutritional value. All of those quick, easy meal choices are very unhealthy for us and cause a lot of health issues.
doTERRA's Fiber includes both soluble and insoluble fibers. Soluble fiber helps control appetite, makes your feel full, and can improve blood sugar. Insoluble fiber helps support a healthy and regular digestive system. When you read the ingredients of doTERRA's Fiber you see that the source of the fiber is things you know. Things like apples, tapioca, and flax seed. It also includes Lemon essential oil to help give it a delicious flavor. The fiber also includes a prebiotic blend. Prebiotics are essential for gut health.
Adults should consume 25-38 grams of fiber each day. Just how much fiber is that? Take a look at these numbers to get an idea.
- 7-8 medium apples with skin
- 25 cups of grapes
- 9 medium oranges
- 35 cups of watermelon
- 6 cups of broccoli (boiled)
- 14 medium carrots
- 5 medium baked potatoes with the skin
- 25 cups of lettuce
- 9 cups of Cheerios
Now, obviously, you are not going to get all of your fiber from one source. But I wanted you to see what it takes to get enough fiber each day. Most of the amounts listed are for the lower end of the range - around 25-30 grams of fiber.
So why is fiber so important to our health? Well, look at some of the benefits of fiber.
- It helps regulate the body's use of sugars.
- It helps keep hunger and blood sugar in check.
- It helps maintain bowel health.
- It makes stools easier to pass.
- It makes you feel fuller for longer.
- It may help maintain blood sugar.
- It could aid in weight loss.
- It might help lower cholesterol.
If it seems too difficult to get enough fiber through natural food sources, then doTERRA's Fiber can help. One serving contains 6 grams of fiber. That is almost 1/4 of the needed fiber. You can drink it in water, or you can add it to recipes.
When they made these greens they focused on the flavor. These greens taste more like a smoothie than a bunch of vegetables. They also made sure they were made of quality ingredients. The Greens include 3 different blends with 22 different ingredients. The blends are:
- a green blend (kale, spinach, broccoli, etc.)
- a fruit blend (pineapple, mango, guava, etc.)
- a superfood blend (moringa, noni, acai, mangosteen, and goji)
The Greens are going to provide antioxidants, support healthy inflammatory response, boost your immune system, and support gut health. One scoop will provide the equivalent of about 1-2 servings of fruits and vegetables. doTERRA's Greens are also non-GMO, gluten-free, and vegan-friendly.
A great benefit of doTERRA's Greens is that they are made from so many different fruits and vegetables. No one fruit or vegetable includes all of the nutrients we need. This is why it is important to eat a variety. A diet full of fruits and vegetables can:1
- lower blood pressure
- reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke
- prevent some types of cancer
- lower the risk of eye and digestive problems
- have a positive effect on blood sugar
When doTERRA formulated their proteins they went to great lengths to make sure it was quality. These are clean protein products that do not include artificial sweeteners or flavors. They use a non-GMO, kosher, and halal source of protein. When the protein sources were selected each individual ingredient was screened and evaluated based on flavor, mouthfeel, and texture. They were very particular when selecting what went in to this protein.
You can take this protein in water, milk, a smoothie, or other recipes like protein balls. One serving provides 21 grams of protein. How much protein you need depends on your weight and your activity level. According to Harvard Health, you can calculate your protein needs by multiplying your weight by 0.36.1
What does protein do for us?2
1. It reduces appetite and hunger levels. Have you ever had grain cereal for breakfast and then feel hungry within an hour? That is likely because your breakfast lacked protein.
2. It increases muscle mass and strength. You may be thinking, but I don't want big muscles. Muscles are important for everyone. Muscles support joints. Muscles allow you to pick up your grandkids. We all need muscle.
3. Protein is good for your bones. There are studies that show that protein helps maintain bone mass better.
4. Protein reduces cravings and a desire for late-night snacking. Some studies have shown that increased protein intake helps reduce cravings.
5. Protein can help increase metabolism and fat burning. Yes. You read that right. And I bet most people reading this want those benefits.
6. Increased protein intake may help lower blood pressure.
7. It can help your body repair itself after injury. Protein forms the main building blocks of your tissues and organs. This is why it is helpful in healing.
After reading all of this you are thinking that you do not consume enough protein, maybe you better look into doTERRA's Protein. They have chocolate, vanilla, and a vega protein.
Want to learn more about healthy, natural living? Check out these other blog posts.