Green, Red, and Yellow Mandarin
What is the difference?
Did you know there are three different Mandarin essential oils that are sometimes available through doTERRA? Green Mandarin is usually available, but Yellow and Red Mandarin are limited edition oils that you can only get through promotions. This month you can get Red Mandarin FREE with a 125+ PV LRP order placed by the 15th of the month.
Not sure what PV LRP means? It has to do with membership through doTERRA. It is WELL worth it. LRP stands for Loyalty Rewards Program. By placing monthly orders with doTERRA you earn points that can then be redeemed for free products. Think of it as similar to Amazon's Subscribe and Save program, but you can change what products are on your order each month.
But that's not the point of this post! Let's get back to the Mandarins!
Here is a quick video talking about some of my favorite uses and benefits of Green Mandarin.
People often as me, "What's the difference between Green, Red, and Yellow Mandarin essential oils?"
Let's start with the similarities.
- All three can be used aromatically, topically, internally, and undiluted.
- Internal use through water, foods, or veggies caps can provide digestive benefits.
- All have properties that can help support healthy integumentary (think skin, hair, nails, etc), nervous, and digestive system functions.
- All can be used as a natural surface cleaner.
- All have uplifting and energizing scents. You can enjoy this by diffusing, or try adding a few drops to the bottom of your shower in the morning.
- All three can be added to your skin toner, clarifier, or cleanser to boost their cleansing and clarifying properties.
- All three can be added to water, smoothies, fruit salads, juice, tea, or other foods and drinks.
Now let's talk about how they are different.
- Green and Yellow Mandarin can support a healthy immune system.
- Yellow Mandarin can help support the endocrine system.
- Green Mandarin can support a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Yellow and Red Mandarin are photosensitive. This means you should avoid using them topically when you will be out in the sun. Green Mandarin is one of the ONLY citrus oils that is not photosensitive.
- Green Mandarin can be used as a food preservative.
- Green Mandarin contains gamma-terpinene, which can help boost healthy cellular function.
- All three come from the same fruit but are harvested at different times of the ripening process.
I've given you a few ideas of how to use them. Here are a few yummy, simply recipes you can also use them in.