As a mother, I have been asking this question for months. Has the world changed forever? Will we ever get back to what the world was like pre 2020? Many of us remember a childhood of joy, freedom, and carefree days. I want that for my children, But, did YOU feel the shift? The 2020 shift is a very REAL thing, and one that we will most likely never fully recover from.
Will our children ever know a world where they can freely play with their friemds? Where their parents aren't worried and stressed? Where they can go into a public place without being told to "mask up"? Where people don't fear their neighbor? The answer is......Maybe not.
As part of the 2020 shift I have noticed Americans...
*Being more combative than ever before on social media
*Fearing and showing hateful behavior to others over a virus and an election
*Taking the word of the news media as gospel.
*Living on an electronic device and letting others tell them how to act and feel
* Walking in stress and anxiety more than ever before
*Being willing to "turn in" another human for doing something they don't agree with
And these things break my heart.
Parents, what can we do to combat the effects of the 2020 shift in our homes?
1, Turn off the TV and put the phone down
2. Talk to them about normal , everyday things. While I do think having clear conversations about current events and worldview is important...it cannot be in every conversation.
3. Do normal things. Find places that allow you to excercise freedoms at whatever level you are comfortable.
4. Remember that isolation is NOT healthy. Suicide, divorce, and depression are at all time highs,
5. Surround your family with like minded people
6. Lots of family time- reading, games, memories.
7. Do things they did pre 2020- go to church, visit family, celebrate holidays.
8. Remind your children that the news media is paid entertainment that is open to the highest bidder. It's full of agendas and opinions. The days of neutral reporting are gone forever.
9 Teach skills and mindset that they may need to survive physically and mentally in the future.
The mental and emotional health of our children IS at stake, and it's OUR job to protect them. We MUST take this responsibility seriously.
Did YOU notice the 2020 shift?